Saturday, October 29, 2005

History Will Teach Us Nothing

Ok, so I haven't been posting on this lately. Sue me.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Not much is new here. My boyfriend swore off drinking, and aside from a couple slip-ups, he's been sticking to it. We've both been stressed lately so it's been a rough haul. Certain not-so-good people are out of the picture now, and I'm glad. Even though some certain emails have had the mark of the beast on them, I'm letting the drama some people are trying to circulate die in its origins. If people try to make my life miserable, they won't succeed.

I've started writing a bit again, which is a welcomed change. I've been away from it for too long. Lately, I've been neglecting too many things in the attempt to make everyone happy. And, of course, my own happiness has suffered from it. Though I'd like everything to be perfect, I know that won't happen all the time.

There have been some rough times and hurt feelings lately, and not all of it has been intentional. I feel sometimes like some people have a problem with my boyfriend because of the past, but none of us are perfect. He's done a lot wrong and made a lot of mistakes, but he's working on changing his life for the better. I just wish the past would stay there, but the past is an inescapable horror sometimes that we're all doomed to have hanging over us. All we can do is press onward and hope for the best.

In three weeks, my boyfriend and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary. Hopefully it will be a good one. I'm hoping to figure out something special for that day involving our friends, as well as some alone time for us. It's been a rough year, but we've survived it all. I do believe there's cause to celebrate. And yes, it seems as though lately we've been inseparable. In many ways, we have become a united front. I do still enjoy my time to myself, but we both feel like we don't get to spend enough time together still. That may not always be something people are happy with, but when you have no social life, you don't want to be social while the husband sits at home staring at a wall. Neither of us are happy being left out.

No comments: