Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Feeling the Itch

Another long week has come and gone... or has it?

The past weekend was a doozie. The boyfriend's been a big ball of stress, not sure what to do, feeling trapped, feeling the weight of the world on him, and losing it at every turn. It's been a challenge to stand beside him through it all, but I know he needs the support. Sunday, I noticed a few pimples forming, and thought the stress was finally taking its toll on my body.

Monday morning, pimples were forming all over my forehead. That night, I felt feverish and had trouble sleeping. By tuesday,my face was covered with red bumps. Would it ever end?? I thought I was turning into a pubescent child again. My boyfriend swore it must be an allergic reaction, since they weren't coming to a head. Last night was rough and the worrying set in for me. I finally decided to call off work to go to the doctors today.

I sat and waited in the office, now expecting the worst. I had already diagnosed myself in my mind, and my nightmare was true: it wasn't pimples, it was chicken pox. I was shown around like a lab rat to a med student, since pox are as rare as polio anymore with all the vaccines out there. Then, after being lead out the emergency exit to avoid exposing anyone in the waiting area, headed over to get my meds. Five days of pills and no contact with anyone until it dries up. I'm determined to be better by the weekend if it kills me, so we'll have to see how that goes. The itching is driving me insane and I hope I have a chance to see the boyfriend this weekend. I'll have to play that by ear...

I know i said I needed a vacation, but this isn't what I meant!!!

"God always has another cream pie up his sleeve."
- 'Georgie Girl'

1 comment:

ghostlight said...

I understand (and feel) your pain. I remember when I had broke out with chicken pox. It was during a family vacation and I think I ended up infecting the entire Eastern Seaboard. LOL I know all the cousins came out of the woodwork in Indiana to expose and get it over with during the summer before school started. Got to love relatives.