Monday, June 30, 2008

Supernatural Spotlight: Jeanne Barrack

As Abraham Lincoln once said, "...sexual contact is a harp of a thousand strings."

I've been meaning to write about Jeanne Barrack for quite some time now, but I haven't had the opportunity to write one of my regular Monday posts in weeks. She stumbled across me entirely by accident through this blog... and I'm quite glad she did!

Barrack is a former New Yorker (and I won't hold that against her), music therapist, singer, and romance novelist. She married her high school sweetheart and, after chasing dreams across the country, settled in the mountains of Pennsylvania.

When we typically think of romance work, images of Fabio carrying a frail, scantily-clad woman pop into our minds. Yet, Barrack has broken that mold and aimed her sights on the paranormal. One of her latest books, The Sweet Flag, tells the tale of a gay ghost hunter and his encounters with the ghost of a gay Civil War soldier.

Make no mistake: this tale is certainly not for the faint of heart. She certainly knows how to get into the mind of a gay man... If you're looking for something supernatural as well as steamy, this is definitely a must-read!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, definatly something I want to check out. I added it to my favorites list. Now lets just hope I can find it. To bad they don't have good books like that at the library.

Erin Garlock said...

Not that Collen is in the process of bringing 5,968 boxes of books from her place to mine, but it sounds like an interesting read and perhaps it would be good sample material too. I do like writing ghost stories myself. A few of mine have that theme in them.

I have another journal specifically for a novel that I want to write, or at least a whole series of shorts if nothing else. There's not a whole lot there yet. (http://eticora.livejournal.com/profile). The main character is Emma Ticora, a Colonial era teen murdered and returned as a ghost.

I think you're making me write again. Cool. Thanks.

Jeanne said...

Thanks for mentioning "The Sweet Flag". Ken has told me that he now has the hots for my heroes - including Brandon, the gay paranormal investigator! ;>)
BTW,it's an ebook gang, so that means no trees were killed to bring this story to you.
;~D