Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Not Easy Being Green...

Another weekend survived. Dodging strange people and the mentally ill, I relaxed with a few friends Saturday night. And yes, I had some well-deserved margaritas, thank you very much. Is that a crime, I ask? And no, I wasn't sick as a dog the following day. Exhausted, yes. Under the weather? No. Just a bit sore from climbing stairs, cleaning like a madman, and dodging debris.

As always, I'm behind with many things. I have editing to tackle, blogs to catch up on, a disaster I call my desk begging to be uncovered, and plenty of my own writing and research to pounce upon. One thing I've learned in life is that there are two possible modes: complete utter boredom and overwhelming chaos. We shift between the two. And now, my life is headed toward the latter.

I'm quite good at jinxing myself, so I'll keep tight-lipped about some things until I feel safe tossing everything out there for the universe to listen. I will say that things are going splendidly. I am making headway in more ways than one. But this week, I have plenty of things to tackle. Emails to send and await replies. Voraciously reading, rereading, and revising written work. Piles of notes to sift through, write legibly, and add to. And that pesky pattern for a stuffed animal to create.

December needs to slow down a smidge.

So forgive me if my posts are erratic. It will all be explained in due time, but for now I'll use the excuse of pre-holiday insanity. Time is not on my side and Norman Meade should be shot for suggesting anything of the sort. As we count down the final weeks of 2008, this year certainly is heading for a bang.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Thanks again for dropping by last night, Ken.
it was great to see you online!
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I'll forgive you anything, of course--even when yr posts are erratic, they're well worth waiting for--all too well I know the feeling of impending chaos at times, so I am giving you a warm hug of comfort & eventual joy!
As far as insanity goes, one of my great personal friends....