Friday, January 30, 2009

Just Another Freaky Friday...

Sheesh. What a day I've been having. I can't seem to remember for more than 30 minutes which day it is (they say the mind is the first thing to go...). On the bright side, by sheer accident, I found the wine opener I believed I had lost months ago. It was sitting in plain sight glaring at me. Mocking me.

Evil shiny metal objects.

I also decided to get a head start on my birthday in April and get myself one gift I've wanted for a very long time (as in about 12 years, give or take). After much difficulty, I placed the order yesterday only to find out today that it won't be available until some time in April. Coincidence? Not letting that stop me, I toiled to find another one... only to go back to the original store (and cause some grief to the woman, only two weeks into the job... poor girl) and substitute for a slightly similar choice available now. Why not wait? Well, there are two reasons for my haste, but both would give away what it is.

So what is it then, you ask? I'm not telling for one week. But don't fret. I'll give you five clues. Yes, I'm forcing you to think about it. So, here you go... your hints to ponder:

1. It started in 1849.
2. The very first owner shared a name with a carbonated beverage.
3. It can be 'stingy'.
4. It owes some of its mystique to a famous Belgian painter.
5. 'That's another fine mess you've gotten me into.'

That should be sufficient enough to give most of you the answer. Otherwise, you'll just have to wait...

No comments: