Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Is That a Green Card in Your Pocket, or Are You Just Happy to See Me?

Well, I feel rather happy today... Aside from being told to update this. LOL So much happening, but all on an internal level. On the exterior, my life is just about as boring as ever.

I'm still working on my writing, slowly and surely. I find that when I'm dead tired, the best ideas come to me... Probably because I can't tell myself that something isn't good enough because of the exhaustion.

I feel utterly happy today, even though my birthday approacheth. Turning 27, and still haven't earned a Pulitzer... How disappointing! I'm finally getting out for a paranormal investigation Thursday too... Dinner with a female friend beforehand, so it should prove to be a wonderful evening.

Ok, by now you're all ready for me to stop beating around the bush and mention why I'm so giddy. Ok, I'll spill. Most of you know how I've been dying to escape the States for most of my life. At 17, I had a plot to run off to Australia and start a new life. Reality set in, and I gave up on that dream. But a dear friend of mine in Canberra teased me a bit about it, and little does he know, I actually have been thinking along his lines...

He's a taken man, for starters, just so everyone knows. We're JUST friends. Yes, we each think the other is adorable, but we wouldn't do anything to jeopardize our friendship. So, what did he tease me about? Well, apparently, Australia is about to join the handful of other countries allowing for gay marriage. So, he said I should marry him to gain citizenship! LOL I've only been joking around about marrying a foreigner for a few months now, and saying that I knew of no one who would marry me like that. LOL Sure, it's not London, but I read a book on Australian history in high school, so I'm sure with a refresher course, I could pass any test. I've even known historical things that my Aussie friends didn't (like Tasmania once being called "Van Dyeman's (sp?) Land" (sorry for the grammatical error... It's only been 10 years since I read the book. LOL) This opens up a whole new can of worms.

Do I want to move out of Ohio? YES! Do I want to leave the country? YES! Do I know if it will happen? No. But the possibilities are endless. My only fear in this case would be falling for a taken man. But, still, I do have a few other friends in Australia, and I know of one that would date me in a heartbeat if I lived that close... I know, it sounds a bit sheisty. But how many marriages happen in this country just for a green card, without any form of caring or friendship bonding them together?

I know. I'm thinking way too far into this! LOL It's my lot in life to think about a possibility from start to finish. That's why they call me a dreamer. But without dreams, what are we? Stagnant bodies without motivation. And everyone needs some form of motivation... just as my fictitious characters do. If they have no drive or desire, they're as good as pencil shavings.

No comments: