Friday, April 10, 2009

Don't Drink and Divine...

Last night was a nice break for me; a nice dinner out at a fitting restaurant and a quick swing by a haunted spot. I've had a lot on my mind lately, and too much to do at the same time. Even for a few hours, it was good to get away from deadlines and the daily grind. I decided to go ahead and have a Foster's (the eco-friendly beer) with dinner which gave me a little happy glow.

Back home, I decided to do another mini Tarot experiment. The result, however, wasn't too positive. I flipped through a few 1937 Zener cards afterward and did horribly (odds lower than chance), so I figured I'd give it another shot in the morning after the beer was out of my system. Even though I wasn't anywhere near drunk, alcohol does effect the mind.

For the past month, I've been thinking a lot about something I want to plan out for 10 months in the future. Right now, it's just a goal, but after glancing at prices last night, it's entirely doable. So, I felt compelled to give my trusty Rider-Waite deck a spin, and see if it had anything interesting to say. The three cards were quite intriguing and I'm highlighting what I think it important out of all the possible interpretations of each:

1. Taste, inclination, attachment, seduction, deception, artifice.
2. Stability, power, protection; a great person; aid, reason, conviction.
3. Expedition, dispatch, achievement, end.

Not having mentioned what it is exactly that I was focusing on, it might not make any sense to the casual observer. But knowing the one thing I was questioning, it makes perfect sense. Of course, we shall wait and see how true it all is. By summer, I'll discuss it more in-depth. No putting the cart before the horse this time!

Otherwise, my busy month is pushing forward. The next two weeks will pass at breakneck pace with a constant stream of work, travel, etc. meanwhile, I have an interesting new book to read when time permits and projects to tackle. Somewhere in the whole mess, I need to find time for a ghost hunt with a few long-absent friends who are back here to stay. But for now, work beckons, as does that cheesecake to bake for an Easter family gathering...

No comments: