Thursday, September 1, 2005

Abstinence Makes the Heart Grow Fondler

Yes, I know. Bad Ken. I've been neglecting my journal lately. I've been neglecting the internet period lately. It has its good and bad moments, but I need to find a good balance still.

Well, in the past few weeks, not too much has changed. My friend Bill injured his foot at Bounce, while my boyfriend was being a drunken, belligerent moron. Aaah, alcohol. Mother nature's way to ensure a disasterous time! Work has been driving me insane as well. Never enough time in the day. A few new things of note though: I'm looking into making soap and candles to sell to turn into my own little business, and I'm getting contacts (yes, finally! Tomorrow is my appointment to try out the trial lenses.)

My boyfriend's been doing rather well. We have our moments, but that generally boils downto our frustration. He's frustrated that we don't get to spend enough time with each other, which I understand but can't help right now. He's learning too that spending toomuch time in the house is stressing him out even more. So, this weekend, we're going hiking and spending time away from the great indoors. I have a three-day weekend due to the holiday and I'm determined to make it a good one. Yes, we both need to relieve our stress and frustration better so we don't pick fights with each other, but that will change. But he does need to get over the jealousy thing. If I talk about soaps or researching them online, he gets upset that he's not getting attention anymore. It's quite comical sometimes!

Oh, and an odd thing happened: my former roommate and friend Steve waltzed back into my life. A phone call out of the blue apologizing and seeing how I was doing brought that on. I still need to call him back. Ick. I'm terrible at calling people! That needs to change...

No comments: