Thursday, September 15, 2005

By The Pricking of My Thumbs...

Well, all in all, this hasn't been a perfect day. I'm cat sitting for the weekend (thrilling, I know) and that means I have no definite plans and can't stay away for too long any day for my three-day weekend. It won't be too bad, though. I'll be able to get outside, weather permitting, and if a miracle happens, I might be able to see the boyfriend at some point over the weekend (which is doubtful, since his friend Nick is as reliable as a broken clock.)

Other than that, tomorrow is a short day at work, thankfully. Too much work and no time to have anything that resembles a life isn't healthy. Time to try to branch out and start doing things again without being exhausted from work and just wanting to be in a catatonic state.

In other news... I tried to repierce my ear tonight. Scary, huh? Let's just say I was feeling "primitive" and had one of those random thoughts that seem utterly stupid pop into my head. Trying to push the earring through the closed-up hole didn't work. (How smart of me to think it might!) I grabbed a sewing needle and, after 3 pauses to try to muster up the courage, pushed it through. Aah, success!! Or was it...? I took the needle out and tried putting the earring in. It stopped halfway because, try as I might, I couldn't find the hole on the opposite side of my ear! Oh, the frustration!! I finally gave up and put some ice on it. It's not even bleeding, which is odd since when I have had my ears pierced in the past, they bleed like I'm about to die.

So much for an attempt to handle this one on my own!!

No comments: