Sunday, July 2, 2006

Car 54, Where Are You???

Ok.. it's been too long, I know. But well, after everything, it's time for a major update.

Well, first, the good news: I finished the second draft of my screenplay, registered it with the WGA, and have a few more writing projects to work on now.

And now for something completely different...

Somehow, I doubt this will come as a shock to anyone who knows my ex. But he's gone over the deep end... literally. The past week, he's been acting strange. Not just a little odd, but "in desperate need of anger management" strange. He's been verbally abusive toward me at every chance, and tonight, he physically attacked his parents. So, what happened, you ask? He has some time to think. He's in jail until July 5th.

Hopefully, he'll get the mental help he desperately needs. Who knows what set him off, but the fact that every time something bad has come out of his mouth it's been under the influence of alcohol might have something to do with it.

I had my own run-in with him a week ago... well, his fist met my lip. The police were called then too, so he's in deep right now. I'm healed... outside. Inside, I'm just a jumble of anger, sadness, worry, and confusion. Well, that all boils down to apathy now. I want him to get the mental help he needs, but I'm worn out on caring. I've got my own life to worry about and get in order. He has to learn to do the same.

So, obviously, it's been an insane week. But I guess this means I have my free time back, finally....

No comments: