Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Creeping from the Crypt...

I've done it again. I've neglected this blog. Of course, this month I haven't been online as much as I normally am, so that's part of the reason. It's been another crazy few weeks for me, chock full of anxiety, stress, and my usual confusion. The temperatures here are slowly dropping down to autumn levels and Halloween will be here before we know it. That's not such a bad thing, though. I'm ready for pumpkins, cider, and the sweet scent of burning wood mixed with foliage in the air. Besides, 'tis the season for people to suddenly regain interest in ghosts and hauntings...

Personal dramas aside, I have also been working (when possible) on research for a sequel to Queer Hauntings. It might sound premature considering the book isn't even available everywhere yet (and I haven't even seen my first copy of it yet), but this time around. the research will be more grueling. I have perhaps five places to research at this moment, which means I need at least another 35 stories before I will have another full manuscript. My goal is by next year to have it finished, along with another possible book I'm looking into... though writing two books at once might be a struggle.

On the bright side, I'm still looking forward to my great escape to Salem in October. I'll be updating with details as soon as I know anything for certain. I'll also be off to Dayton yet again for another adventure with friends and spooks, so it will be a busy time for me. I'm hoping to have a few books on hand before I begin my travels, but we shall see how things work out. Also, on October 4th, I'll be on NRR Radio talking about my new book, as well as doing a bit of ghost hunting on the air. Apparently, the studio where DJ Kode and DJ Nyte are based has become a lot more active in the past month, so this could prove to be interesting. But don't expect things to be too serious. We're all going to have a little bit of fun... and during the program, I highly doubt the only spirits around will be those of the dead.

I've finally been updating my website a bit, so feel free to check things out. There are book excerpts posted and I'm slowly adding links as I find more booksellers offering Queer Hauntings. I'm still hoping to do book signings, lectures, and library events as time passes though it might take a little time. I know my local library might be interested in setting up something, though I'm hoping to break out of Ohio here and there too. Yet another thing for me to get going on: contacting places and trying to set up a few events as locations from the book. So much to do, so little time when you're only one man. That's where this blog suffers too. Perhaps Jeanne Barrack is right... I need a blogging team to help keep this thing going!

I'll do my best to keep this thing alive, though. Hopefully I'll find some nifty things to write about soon...

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow, I'm getting tired just reading what you've got on your plate!
BTW< if you have any time on your calendar left in October, love to do another visit at my blog to pimp the book

Unknown said...

KEN-- You deserve a ton of credit for breaking ground and writing a book from an angle which is COMPLETELY fresh. That's NO easy feat at all. I hope that you will be letting all of your readers know that you will be in Salem to promote "Queer Hauntings" in October. We'll be rolling out the red carpet.
Sincerely,
Jeffrey Justice