Monday, February 25, 2008

The Pause That Doesn't Refresh...

I think it's finally time to write an update about my personal life. There's been so much going on lately that even though I still feel a bit boring, my mind is racing a million miles a second.

First there's my book. I really need to find some time to get back to work on it. It's been over a year since Haunted Cuyahoga and the sequel is already overdue. I'm still trying to collect enough stories to fill it out. No matter what happens, I'm still going to have it finished by June. I just can't delay it any longer.

I've also been in contact with another author who is requesting personal accounts of the paranormal for her new book. I'm submitting a few of my own stories as well as seeking out others to help her. A little press is always a good thing and I do enjoy helping out a fellow writer whenever possible.

Then there's my other writing: my blog and beyond. I've been pushing myself to post daily on here, which isn't always an easy thing to do. Some days are better than others. Some days, I don't feel like writing or going near the computer. I guess today has been one of those days. Though I do love to write, I sometimes need time away from it. Now I'm discussing becoming a regular contributor for something else. As they say, it's feast or famine.

I have another investigation to attend with the paranormal group tonight. I'm both excited and loathing it. For the past week, I haven't been sleeping well, so my energy level is quite low. Still, I'll pull myself together, put on a smile, and get the job done. Besides, it'll be good to see some of my friends again.

Aside from that, I can't think of much else happening. I'm still single. That can be both a blessing and a curse. It's just like real estate: when you've been on the market for a year, people wonder what's wrong with you. There must be a fatal flaw in the foundation that keeps the buyers away.

Maybe I just need a face lift and another open house.

Time seems to be passing too fast today. I've accomplished a lot, but still have so many things to finish. Even my taxes are sitting here, glaring at me. I'm a bit hungry but not enough to actually eat. I'm tired but I've already had too much coffee. And naps? I don't believe in them.

And then I stop and stare at my Australian flag, wishing I were on a plane to Sydney right now. The 24-hour flight would be worth it. But there isn't the time or the money in my budget.

Sometimes, you just have to plow through the matters at hand and put off those pleasurable things for another day.

Sucks, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, life can be a real bitch sometimes. But you just push through it and come out somehow on the end. I would love to visit Sydney Australia, always been my dream vacation. I heard it is literaly the gay capitol of the world.