Friday, July 22, 2005

The Good Kind of Drought

Life is good.

I went out tonight with my friend Bill and his boyfriend Shawn to see "War of the Worlds"... very interesting movie. I'd be tempted to say it was actually good! LOL But my mind has been so clouded since I came home, I have forgotten. Why, you ask? Simple: one phone call.

I called my boyfriend tonight to see how his day was. He shocked me completely in what he said. Now what could floor me so much? One sentence. "I'm quitting drinking completely."

Yes, you heard right. No more alcohol. He told me he realized he's been using it as a crutch to block out the bad in his life and it needs to stop now. He's been completely sober for almost 2 weeks now. No more drinking binges or hanging out with other drinkers and spending money on that. He thanked me for being there for him through all the stupid things he's done. He also finally has started making plans for our future. He wants us to have a long, wonderful relationship, and he's putting effort into making sure that happens. According to him, my words finally rubbed off and he realizes that there's so much more out there for us. No more bickering when he gets tipsy and starts acting like a two-year-old and picking fights. e're in this together for the long haul.

Ok. So maybe he can forget about worrying about getting me a late birthday present this year. This one tops anything I could ever get.

No comments: