Monday, July 25, 2005

Text From the Crypt

It was a night like any other. Until the strange text message came flashing across my cell phone.

An old ghost from my past mistakenly sent me a message. Cue Rod Serling.

It's funny how one moment, even an area code,can bring your mind racing back to moments in your past you wish never happened. Stupid, childish times. Harsh words. Anger and battles best never fought in the first place.

Yet we all have demons in our closet. Some of us can block them out. Others, like myself, never learn to forget our shame, guilt, and horrible feelings. Moments like this make me think of everything I have done in my life for which I have not made ammends. Sour times when responsibility could have saved many people from so much trouble.

Alas, some things we bury and forget. It is not to lessen their significance, but to press onward, toward a brighter future. Nothing can change the past, but anything can change the future. That chapter in my life is closed. The future unwritten.

And as they say, everything happens for a reason...

No comments: