Sunday, April 9, 2006

Georgie Porgie, Pudding Pie....

Well, it's been an interesting weekend. That's now always a bad thing though...

It started off friday with making my Aussie friend cry. No, no, I wasn't mean to him at all. It was actually from a compliment. I just said how much he meant to be as a friend and how if everyone were as wonderful as he is, the world would be a much nicer place. He said it's the nicest thing ever said about him. And all I was aiming for is a smile.. I guess I overshot the runway. LOL

Saturday was rather uneventful. But sometimes, that's a good thing.

Today, I went to a friend's girlfriend's birthday party. I walked there (a good 5 1/2 miles, ouch!) and we all went to a mexican restaurant. There weren't many of us (the two of them, my friend's mother, a straighy guy from myspace, and a lesbian couple) but we had a blast. Good food, good people,.... who could ask for more?? We only met today for the first time, even though we've talked online for 2 years. We both thought the other lived in Lakewood. LOL Only a few weeks ago we finally realized we lived 6 miles from each other. They've been having it rough though. She and her girlfriend live with her father... and he's evicting them on Friday. Some people just can't handle someone's sexual orientation. Perhaps the talk of a sex change sent him over the edge finally. They're stressed out about trying to find a place with no notice and no money saved. I really do wish I could help.

I ended up walking back after we all stopped for some Handel's ice cream (the coffee chocolate chip was quite good) and I settled in for another dull night. Only 5 more days til I'm a year older... seems like only yesterday I was turning 21 and having a terrible birthday. This seems to be the first year things actually go quite well. I have a decent turnout so far, but I have to see if I need to reserve tables. Might be a good idea to let them know ahead of time! So much to do, so little time...

No comments: