Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Rain It Raineth on the Just....

Another week slowly approaches its end....

My birthday went rather well, surprising with the low turnout. But I had a chance to see a few people I haven't seen in years, and spend some time with my favorite people. The cake turned out wonderfully as well...



Other than that, not much is new. My Aussie friend and I have still been chatting here and there via email, though he does have things to accomplish aside from sitting in front of a computer talking to me all day... and I have my writing to work on, since that's what will pay for my vacation. My ex has been going back and forth between tolerable and completely-annnoying-in-a-Tourettes-sort-of-way. Some men just need to be sedated heavily... or shot. Whichever is easier.

Work has become one of my major frustrations. The shelves are now reorganized, with numbers going in illogical directions and a complete lack of order. I nearly ran out of the building this morning, pulling my hair out. If we're going to play "Helen Keller takes on the Dewey Decimal System," may I please be permanently excused?? But no... I can't afford to quit. Otherwise, I would walk out and never return.

Quitting smoking has its difficult moments... but I've been successful so far. Ok, maybe I cheated a couple times and snuck outside for a cigarette, but it's better than smoking more than a pack a day! lol I went for a hike yesterday, and it did relieve a little tension... not as much as something else would, but I'll manage without it for now. LOL

I ran across another ghost website created by people in my own town. It's... interesting... but eh, meeting new local people with common interests might get me out into fresh air more often. But with the threat of rain for the next few days, somehow I'm not sure that will happen.

1 comment:

Liam said...

That truly was a great cake!