Sunday, April 2, 2006

Have Your Cake And Eat It Too....

Well, this weekend has been an interesting one, to say the least.

My friend's boyfriend has been feeling completely frustrated with his job... or should I say the fact that he's the only one doing it. He was stressed and aggrivated when I was over Friday and Saturday, and I honestly can't blame him. The lower you are on the food chain, the more you get hit with. He's not doing anything wrong though... he's actually the only one doing things right. So now, he's at a bit of a crossroads... like me and everyone else I know. What happens next? What to do...? If only there were simple answers in life. But he's a complete sweetheart, so I hope whatever happens, it's what's best for him.

I'm in a bit of a dilemna myself and it's frustrating me to no end!!!! Ok, for those of you who don't know, my birthday is in two weeks. I don't want a traditional cake. I want something unique. Good plan, right? I thought so...

So, last night, I found the Holy Grail of cake pans. THE cake pan I want to use for my cake. So, what's the problem?? I only found it on 2 websites. One is in German and only ships inside Germany. The other is in English and French and does ship anywhere in the world... BUT... the cost of shipping AND the pan brings the grand total to about $70!!!!! It's not looking good. So, unless my want ad on eBay pulls through very soon, I'll be forced to have to create something freehand. And I'm a perfetionist, so I know I'll mess up and end up baking 20 cakes before I get it right. Oh, cruel twist of fate...

I finally remembered to set the clocks forward. Lovely.. one less hour! Time is definitely not on my side!!!

No comments: