Thursday, June 9, 2005

The House of Wax

Being the kind-hearted person I am, I thought I'd share my embarrassment of the week to bring a little laughter to your lives.

Tuesday I went to see the boyfriend and spend some time with him, trying to forget the sweltering heat. His family was having a little barbecue outside, so we had a little time in the house to ourselves. And guess how he wanted to spend that time? Let's just say that day was brought to you by the numbers 6 and 9....

All was well, until right as he was at the point of eruption. I glanced over to see a pair of red shorts in the doorway. His father had walked in. Now, I'm sure this wouldn't phase some people, but I've never been interrupted or walked in on ever before in my entire life, so I was completely embarrassed by this. My boyfriend got a kick out of it. We had a good laugh, and I didn't leave the room for the rest of the evening!

Later on, we got on the topic of hair. Body hair. Ok, touchy subject with me. I do have some hairy patches on my back (poor genetics, ugh) and I wanted them gone, and he agreed, of course. So, we decided to test the wax he had (he has more beauty supplies than Brini Maxwell) and the test spot was selected: my eyebrows. No, I DID NOT get rid of them! He "shaped" them. It was fine; it didn't hurt or anything. So, with a feeling of confidence in his talents, I decided to take the plunge.

Funny thing about wax: if it's too thick, it's like pouring glue on yourself and peeling it off with a spatula. After 2 hours and a lot of intense pain, I had a red welt on my shoulder blade and not much else to show for it. I love him to death, but I think I'll get it professionally done. Either that or just take a bunch of duct tape and rip it off. Much easier!!

The whole thing was so absurd I spent most of the time laughing hard into the shirt my face was buried in. He kept worrying that I was crying. No, I just felt like a moron! LOL In sure in a few years we'll be sitting around our own place, rolling on the floor with laughter, remembering that crazy summer and the incident with the Avon wax. It will become an immortal story throughout the family, no doubt!

1 comment:

Liam said...

Wax is not something to mess with lightly.