Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

This past weekend was a very busy time for me. Although today is the official day, Saturday night is when I gathered with friends to celebrate my friend Chris' birthday.

I arrived Friday afternoon to help Bill clean and set up for the surprise party. Since the weather was decent enough, I painted most of the enclosed porch as well. I decided against finishing it Saturday morning, just on the outside chance some paint might still be wet when guests arrived. That night, I set up streamers and arranged seating for everyone before finally getting some rest.

Saturday, I did some baking early in the day, hoping the scent of chocolate chip cookies would disperse before evening. I cleaned the kitchen and living room before relaxing with a movie. Natasha and Robin arrived in time to help blow up balloons and hang them and we killed time chatting about the paranormal. Slowly, people started to arrive... just in time to quietly wait for Chris to come into the room.

It was a pleasant surprise for him, though the night seemed to pass too quickly. There was food, drink, music and a game of Apples to Apples before midnight passed. The night ended with a movie and fond farewells. But the celebrating isn't quite over yet: this weekend we're having dinner with those who couldn't make it this past weekend.

It was a bit exhausting but worth all the effort. Sometimes, our friends need a visible example of our appreciation and care. He's a wonderful man and a true friend. No matter if he's being serious, goofy, or simply being a good sport and posing for an odd picture, he's always great company.

Happy Birthday, Chris. I hope it's a great week for you!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Thank you swwetie! I REALLY appreciate it and all you do. I know your B-Day is coming up so watch out lol I was really surprised and I agree with what you said, we all need to recognise each other just let everyone know we care and notice each other, even if its a small subtle detail. I think your a wonderful guy too and only deserve the best! Warm Huggs!

Liam said...

Yes indeed a good time was had by all and I couldn't have pulled it off without your help dear boy!

The best friend a guy could ask for! That's you!